NDORMS DPhil & MSc by Research
Our postgraduate research programme provides a fully integrated training environment. You will engage in a thorough skills training programme that includes a range of workshops and seminars in transferable skills, generic research skills, and specific research techniques.
Students undertake a core curriculum in the first term of year 1 to provide a solid foundation in musculoskeletal sciences, inflammation, immunology, and data analysis.
The taught component of the DPhil and MSc by research at NDORMS is a compact course that introduces the widely disparate fields interfacing in joint research programs within the Department.
During the first two weeks of their DPhil/MRes, students attend lectures and are introduced to academic staff working across the breadth of research areas present at NDORMS.
Teachers on the course are experts from the NDORMS Clinical teams, Botnar Research Centre, and Kennedy Institute, and include young investigators (indicated YI in the programme).
Attendance and options
- Administrative Induction - half day
- Orientation / Research Ethics Session - half day
- Introductory Core Lectures - 1 week, mornings only
- Statistics module - offered termly
- Students must also select a minimum of four monthly Specialist Modules (November - June).
- Each module is a half-day session (mornings).